This is going to be fuuuuun. And yes, print does ♥ digital.
Archive for July, 2010
Installations by Megan Geckler remind me of similar ones I’ve seen using masking tape. Megan’s have a more sculptural quality and use flagging tape, which is basically plastic ribbon that construction workers use to mark out space. I can only imagine how spectacular something like this would be times ten in scale. I’m thinking like Christo & Jeanne-Claude huge. God that would be so awesome. Via COLOURlovers and Design Milk.
Phew! You know what I didn’t manage to get done this week? BLOGGING. Between moving (tomorrow, in fact) and the usual level of craziness is a total game-killer for me. Next week isn’t looking too promising either because I have six days ahead of me without regular access to internet. (At that point, it will have been three weeks since I requested a service transfer from at&t. They must have some kind of switch-flipping Czar over there; his talented fingers are clearly in prime demand cause getting on their schedule is nigh impossible. AHEM.)
So let me do this list-style for now, if I may, cause it cuts down on time.
• 10 Tips for Better Writing. Great ideas here for switching up your sentence structure, flow, and add more depth. Fellow bloggers can relate to the constant struggle of finding new ways to describe how awesome/pretty/fun/cool things are. Eventually I start to sound canned and less sincere after awhile, so I’m happy for some tips to push my words more.
• Those lovely gardens up there are THE SEXIEST landscape design I have ever seen. Holy moly, more plants! More plants everywhere. All of the times.
See youse guys sometime next week, I’m sure I’ll be dying to post something just as soon as I can manage it!
It’s always sad when a friend moves away, right? Recently my friend Ina had to move back to Germany after spending the last year in Chicago. But before she left, she made a mixtape. Not just any mixtape mind you, she typed the track listing on a typewriter, screenprinted 20 copies and then folded them into envelopes to house the burned CD. I just thought it was a really exceptional and sweet take on a goodbye present. And she’s posted the songs so now you can download them too.
1. The Bigger the Figure • Louis Prima
2. Horchata // Vampire Weekend
3. The Man Who Sold His Beard • a Hack and a Hacksaw
4. Your Rocky Spine • Great Lake Swimmers
5. Sounder • This Could Mean Blood
6. James’ 2nd Haircut • Cairbou
7. Little Secret • Passion Pit
8. Zebra • Beach House
9. Winning a Battle, Losing the War • Kings of Convenience
10. Unattainable • Little Joy
11. The Ills • Mayer Hawthorne
12. Let’s Get Out of this Country • Camera Obscura
13. Petey’s Song • Jarvis Cocker
14. You + I • Wilco + Feist
15. Kokomo • Ben Kweller & Adam Green
16. Too Much • Bonaparte
17. ONE • Yeaseayer
18. Ich Moechte Leben • Wolfgang Mueller
19. Furr • Blitzen Trapper
20. Home • Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros